Join the Ten Strands development team to help build support for our dynamic and entrepreneurial organization!
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, and energetic full-time Development Associate to work with the Director of Development to help implement the organization’s comprehensive development and fundraising plan, meeting the organization’s revenue goals of more than $2 million annually.
You will provide day-to-day assistance and organizational support for the Director of Development and the Founder and President, as well as provide ongoing support for other staff and volunteers in their work to further Ten Strands’ mission. We need a collaborative individual who excels at tracking and managing details, meeting deadlines, and following up, and thrives working as part of a small entrepreneurial team. You will travel approximately 5-10% of the time for donor cultivation, fundraising, and events.
About Ten Strands:
Ten Strands is a San Francisco-based nonprofit with a mission to build and strengthen the partnerships and strategies that will bring environmental literacy to all of California’s 6.2 million K–12 students.
Why Work at Ten Strands?
We believe that every student in California can achieve environmental literacy; that all students deserve the opportunity to understand, interact, and connect with their environment in meaningful ways that promote learning and growth. We act as a connector, building partnerships and forging pathways to ensure that California’s K–12 students receive a high-quality education with an environmental component. Together we create a healthy future for our planet and its inhabitants. Our strategy harnesses the vast and diverse reach of California public schools, combined with the resources of environmental education providers such as science centers and outdoor education programs, to ensure all students, particularly those from underserved communities, have access to an environment-based education.
Ten Strands is located in the San Francisco Presidio. Today’s Presidio is home to the spectacular vistas, nature, and programs that you would expect in a great national park, plus much more. The park is home to museums and food trucks, art and archaeological sites, San Francisco’s newest recreation facilities, and its most historic building.
Generous compensation package includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee, and a retirement plan.
What you bring to Ten Strands:
- A “can do, roll up your sleeves” attitude.
- You are a doer—willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of development activities.
- Flexible and resilient are excellent descriptors for you—you find ways to reach funding objectives when barriers arise.
- You have experience working for/with a nonprofit development team or have comparable work experience.
- You understand the importance of students from underserved communities accessing a high-quality, culturally relevant environment-based education, and are committed to bringing environmental literacy to all students in all communities in California.
- You also have experience with maintaining a donor management database, e.g. e-Tapestry.
- You are described as an exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing and have proven writing and editing skills.
- You have experience doing research, compiling information, and providing summary reports.
- You can check off the box that you are highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Google docs.
- And, you have experience with design applications like Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator and web content management systems like WordPress.
Ten Strands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people, and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in the Development Associate position, please send a cover letter and resume to the development team.